This 4-day, in depth course in Orthotics-Prosthetics 725 Continuing Education Course for Physicians & Therapists 2016 covers the basic skills and knowledge required to manage spinal, upper limb and lower limb disabilities of adults and juveniles who require P&O care during stages of their recovery. Taught by surgeons, physicians, prosthetists, orthotists, and therapists, instructional content includes multi-media presentations, case studies, and demonstrations of P&O devices with live, on-site models. Interactive discussions of P&O knowledge augment understanding and application of the principles of P&O management for spinal, upper limb and lower limb conditions. The course includes an extensive manual.
Lectures, demonstrations, and live case discussions emphasize:
- Pre-prosthetic & post-amputation care
- Normal human locomotion & biomechanics
- Upper limb prosthetic management
- Partial foot prosthetic management
- Transtibial & transfemoral prosthetic management
- Prosthetic management of hip disarticulation & hemipelvectomy
- Othotic management of the foot & ankle
- Ankle-Foot (AFO) & Knee-Ankle-Foot (KAFO) Orthoses
- Orthotic management of spinal pathologies, including scoliosis management
Dates: In Spring 2018, NUPOC will offer the Continuing Education course, Prosthetics & Orthotics for Physicians & Therapists. Please visit this web page in August 2017 to see detailed information about the Spring 2018 course. Prosthetics & Orthotics for Physicians & Therapists is not offered in 2017.
Class Times: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Register: TBA/Application Form
Physicians and Therapists Develop New Knowledge in Orthotics-Prosthetics 725
In 2016, Orthotics-Prosthetics 725 was fully subscribed. The course attracted physicians and therapists from across the USA and Canada.
Stefania Fatone, PhD, BPO(Hons), presented Normal Human Locomotion.
Chris Robinson, CPO, MBA, MS, ATC, FAAOP(D), presented Principles of the Partial Foot and Symes Prostheses.
John Brinkmann, MA, CPO, FAAOP(D), conducted a transtibial case presentation.
David Speers, CPO, presented Orthotics Management of Spine Deformity.